Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lily is here!

Lily Lynne
6lbs 9oz
19in
10/06/08
Funny story about Lily deciding to come to our family early. I was with Tyson on Monday at our local Walmart shopping for some last minute things that we needed before Lily came (Binkies, bottle nipples, nursing pads etc....) anyways, I was almost done shopping when all of a sudden I felt like I had just peed my pants. I didn't know what was going on..I thought "I didn't feel like I had to go...I know I can hold it if I do..."
So I though I will just check out and we will go home. Well I got really lucky (this never happens, especially at Walmart) but right as I walked up a checker lady just switched on her light to open a new checkout. I walked up to her (in shock not knowing what had just happened to me) when I all of a sudden told her " I think my water broke, can you watch my son" and I headed straight for the bathroom. What was I thinking, leaving my son and my purse with a total stranger. Again being lucky she was a cute mom (also rare when shopping at Walmart to have a cute mom checking) and she turned off her light and followed me into the bathroom with Tyson and my cart. Still not sure what was happening because I wasn't having any contractions, I bought all of my stuff and when I was checking out, the card reader malfunctioned and we had to wait for a manager to fix the problem. The checker lady was so nice, she kept apologizing profusely. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt over a t-shirt, so I took that off and tied it around my waist, so people wouldn't point. I finally got checked out and headed home. I called the Dr. and they said I better go into the hospital and they could tell me if my water broke. I was pretty sure, but still not sure what was going on. I called Brandon to tell him, and all of a sudden I broke down crying. (My emotions have been all over). We got to the hospital and I told the nurses at the desk, "I think my water broke, I'm not sure but I am pretty positive." Brandon thought that was the funniest thing anyone could say. So above is a picture of me right before changing into the gown. Like the sweaty pits! My belly was bigger, but with my water breaking, it had shrunk quite a bit!
It was pretty crazy how fast Lily came. With Tyson I had to push for 2 hours, with Lily I only pushed for 2 contractions, so maybe 5-10 minutes. It was awesome. The only problem we had was that I was Group B Strep positive, so they were suppose to get 2 doses of antibiotics in me before she was born, but since she came so fast, they only had time for 1 dose. So right after she was born we got to be with her for about an hour, then she spent the rest of her hospital stay in the Special Care Nursery with an IV in her head and monitors all over her. It was not my favorite thing, but things could have been worse!

Mom and Lily (notice the U blanket!)


The proud Dad!

Lily hooked up to the monitors. (I forgot to rotate the picture!) The second day, they were telling us everything was looking great, but her white blood cell count was off, so they were going to have someone(I forget her title) else take a look at her. So we were later called in to hear what they lady(?) had decided to do. She had decided to run a couple more test on Lily one of which was a Lumbar Puncture to rule out Meningitis. So earlier we were told everything was looking good, and now they were telling us that our baby could have meningitis. I broke down! I am so greatful for the gospel and priesthood blessings, because right after hearing that news Brandon's Dad was going to be coming and so Brandon gave Lily a Father's Blessing with his dad there. It was amazing to be able to do that for such a new, tiny little person. Two hours after they took the spinal fluid, they came back with the results, and they were negative. That was such great news, and even better that my Mom and Grandma were there to hear it!

Dad and Lily. That is the IV in her head.

Finally coming home! She had to stay one night longer than we were able to stay. That was one of the hardest things to do. I feel for all of those that have to leave their babies in the hospital for any amount of time!


Home with Big Brother! I can tell he is going to be such a big helper!!!!;)
Thanks for every one's love and support! Thanks to Nana for taking Tyson for us! We love you all!

8 comments:

deleted said...

Congrats! She is a cutie! Glad to hear she is doing well!

nana said...

The pictures are so much fun. You actually got one with her eyes open, and then Tyson shut his. I hope she is ready to "watch this little thister". . .

Megan Adamson said...

She is so cute. I am sorry she had such a hard beginning. When Liv was 6 week old they thought she had meningitis and had to do a spinal tap on her. It was so hard for me. I know how hard it is to have something wrong with your new little baby. I am sorry you had to go through that. I am glad she is home and everything is okay now. We can't wait to see her.

Emily said...

I love that your little Lily is finally here! I can't wait to meet her. That is so scary they thought she might have meningitis. She is already a brave little girl. I am sorry that you had to go through that. I am so happy that she is home and healthy.

sinika said...

Yay for Lily! I'm so excited you get to have a little girl! Hope you and baby are feeling great!

The Spencer Family said...

She is so cute :) My little Tyler wants a little sister so bad. He keeps telling me that we should sale his little brother in a garage sale :)

Telisse and Kade said...

Congrats!!! She is beautiful! love the name Lily! Glad everything went well...... what a story to tell when she is older that your water broke in walmart.

Lisa R said...

Congratulations Shay and Brandon! I am so happy for you guys! Very fun pictures! Too funny that your water broke in Walmart. My water never broke beforehand w/ either of mine. Yeah for only have to push for two contractions! A much better change. :)