Friday, December 12, 2008

Lily's blessing/Tyson's birthday! (Watch out picture overload!)

Here is our big kid Tyson! 3 years old!
He is such a funny kid, but that made it harder to take his pictures! Since I was the photographer, he was crazy and didn't listen very well, but I think the pictures turned out great anyways!
Something funny about pictures... our house is full of pictures of us and Tyson, so when Lily was born, I started trading out some pictures and put in pictures of her. Tyson has not liked that one bit! He remembers what pictures were in the frames that I replaced and he constantly asks me to put them back and take the pictures of Lily out! You can tell that he is finally feeling that he is not the only one anymore. I will be talking to people about things Lily is starting to do (like smile) and Tyson will pipe up and tell them "I can smile too...see :)"


This picture is proof that for one minute Tyson said he was 3. We told him on his actual birthday 11/26 that he was now 3 and he told us he wasn't 3 until he had his party. Well, we had his party on 11/30 (with Lily's blessing) and he decided for another minute he was 3 until that night. We put him to bed and shortly after he came down the stairs crying "I don't want to be 3 I just want to be 2." Today he still tells people that he is 2! (A rather big 2 he is 40lbs and 39in) Funny kid!

His silly face, and a big cheeser!

What a cute kid and such a great big brother!

Lily's blessing. My Mom crocheted this amazingly beautiful dress and booties for her! My Mom is the greatest!
Lily was so great during the blessing. She didn't make a peep, and we didn't even have to take her out of Sacrament meeting! (Tyson cried through his whole blessing until Brandon held him up!)



Precious!

The generation picture! Lily, Mom(me), Grandma Wendy, Great Grandma Sadler.

With Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Sadler.

Another generation picture. Lily, Mom, and Great Grandma Spencer. (Dad couldn't make it)

The Russell generation picture. Lily, Dad, Papa, and Nana.

Us!

Tyson was so excited about his party and since we did it with the blessing, and all of Brandon's family was in town there were a lot of people to help celebrate! (Thanks for all the gifts, he was sure spoiled that day!)
The day before we celebrated my sisters birthday and her kids wanted to surprise her, so they sent her upstairs and we all hid downstairs and yelled "Surprise" when she came down. Well, Tyson thought it was so much fun that when we got home from church he whispered to me that he wanted everyone to yell "Surprise" to him, so I sent him back outside and he came back in and everyone yelled "Surprise" just for him! It was cute, he acted all shy about it!

These videos are cute. We got Tyson a toy guitar and he decided that when you play guitar you close you eyes and jump! Enjoy!

8 comments:

Emily said...

The pictures turned out so great! Good Job! That is so funny that he does not want to be 3. It is tough growing up! Lily looks so precious! We love you guys!

The Bentley's said...

I cannot beleive you mom made that dress.!! it is so pretty! and she is sooo cute. How sweet.

nana said...

I love the pictures. . .and the stories

Cori and Colin said...

We love Tyson stories! They are the best, the videos are cute too!

Andi said...

Thanks for having us! We loved every minute.

Lisa R said...

Shay what cute baby pictures. Lily's dress is absolutely beautiful! I love the videos of Tyson. He certainly has the beat! So fun!
BTW you look great too for having a new baby (again). And I can't believe Tyson is 3!!!

adrianne s. said...

Shay! Thanks for the invite! Your kids are just the cutest things EVER! That Lily is so teeny tiny and precious and your descriptions of Tyson remind me of my Gracie! Lily's blessing dress is amazing!

deleted said...

OMG, her dress is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it. She is adorable. I think it is funny Tyson doesn't want to be 3 because Skyler can't wait to grow up!