Monday, November 15, 2010

Girls day out!

So, I had such a great day on Saturday! Brandon let me be gone essentially all day long without kids! (HEAVEN!)
I first met my sisters and Grandma for a yummy lunch! We try to meet with Grandma for lunch as much as possible. It is so much fun spending time together and with our cute little Grandma!
After lunch I met my BF Emily for a day of shopping, pedicures and more food!
Emily and I both just turned 30 so we decided to pamper ourselves!
We have been BF's since we were 12! (even though we lived down the street from each other for years before that!)
When we were 16 Emily's family moved to Washington State and I was able to visit once and Em was able to come back and visit a few times. Then we both moved on to college. I went to Cedar City and she went to Logan. We both got married 10 years ago and Em and her husband have moved everywhere, Brandon and I have stayed within a 25 mile radius(ish), but through it all we have remained best friends!
When we get together it is like we have seen each other everyday. We don't miss a beat! She is the best!
I tried to find a picture of us when we were young, but I am not sure where my old scrapbooks are! So here we are old 30 year olds! (I am not photogenic at all! It took us forever to get a picture!)
Our cute toes! I LOVE pedicures!
It was such a great day! Being 14 weeks pregnant I seem to only want to eat french dip sandwiches (which I had with my sisters and grandma!) And Training Table turkey sandwiches (which I had with Emily!) YUM! What else could a prego women ask for!
Em and I parked one car at Mulligans so we didn't have to take two cars everywhere, but that was a close call! After talking for about 2 hours at the restaurant we left to get Em's car and we luckily got there right before the guy locked to gate to lock her car in the parking lot! What a funny way to end the day!
Thanks Em! You are the BEST!

4 comments:

Requel said...

That's so fun!! I love getting together with old/best friends! I'm so glad you got to get out and have a fun day!

nana said...

Family and a best friend. . .such blessings! And thank goodness for 14 weeks and a great pedicure!

Andrea said...

You two both look the same as I remember you when we were in ninth grade! Aren't best friends awesome! We should all get together some time!

Cori and Colin said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Jealous!