Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tyson's Swimming Lessons


We signed Tyson up for the Mom and Tot swimming class and he loved it! I wish it wasn't over already, but at the same time I am glad it is over. We had class everyday for 10 days. It would have been nice if it was something like 2-3 days a week for a month. Regardless, we made it all 10 days and loved it! At the beginning Tyson wasn't too sure about going under water or floating on his back, but by the end he was a pro. (With some bribery help!;) There was one day the instructor asked if any of us had advice on how we encourage our kids to go under water or float on their back, etc... She had mentioned to give positive feedback to the kids. Well no one else would say anything, so I said, (I know, shy Shay actually saying something in a group of people I don't know that well! When you marry into the Russell family you learn how to speak up and not be shy!:) I show Tyson I am really excited when he does something. Then Tyson piped up and said "I get popcorn if I am good!" So I had admit that sometimes you just have to bribe them!


This was my favorite thing they taught the kids... to climb out on their own.
Tyson is no featherweight so my arms would get so tired lifting him out of the pool!


Tyson jumping and going under water.
His favorite thing to do!

4 comments:

Andi said...

Popcorn has fiber in it? Right? I'm sure every parent there had either bribed them or screamed at them before coming... :)

Emily said...

Those pictures are great! I love when he is flying through the air! Good Job Tyson!

nana said...

I love the blogging. Tyson reminds me of Brandon when he has on his swimming suit. There is something about the feet. . .

Lisa R said...

Very fun! I did the mom and tot thing with Christian. He screamed for the first 2 weeks! Then we had a week of where I contemplated not going back for the second session. I'm glad I did because he really warmed up to it and ended up loving it! Even going under water! That is funny Tyson is about the same age as Christian when I signed him up, and I was preggo's with Aricin too!