Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Valentine/My Family



Of late I have been accused that I don't actively review our family blog. Shay has posted several sweet comments about me, but it takes me a few days (after her hints and encouragement) to review what she has written. She has even asked me to make a few posts on my own, but for some unknown reason (actually, I don't want to come across as lame) I have not taken her up on her offer. Well, now it is time for me to provide some quick comments on what a lucky life I live. I am extremly grateful for Shay and her desire to be such a great wife and mother. She challenges me to be a better person. I adore her ability to simplify when I tend to make life's obstacles more complex. She worries about the well beings of others and truly understands what it means to be charitable. She encourages Tyson to be silly and have fun, but at the same time guides him when a life lesson needs to be taught. I know that she loves me and wants our family to be happy. I love her and I am so grateful that she allows me to be her husband.

Alright, cheesy stuff is now over. Yesterday, before Tyson jumped in the shower he came up to me and said, "look Dad, if I jump up and down my wiener wiggles." He then ran to Shay to show her the same fancy trick.

8 comments:

Andi said...

Oh boy... cannot wait to see Tyson's tricks.

Anonymous said...

It is great to know you body has a toy of its own to play with!

nana said...

Like father, like son.

And the cheesy stuff was true!

Angie said...

Thank you for the wonderful laugh! And Nana's comment was the icing on the cake!!!! I just love Tyson!!!

Andrea said...

that's hilarious. the things i'll miss out on not having any boys.

Cori and Colin said...

haha, that kid never stops!! He's hilarious! And the cheesy part was cute!

Emily said...

Shay is so lucky to have you. You make a great couple and team. I love the things Tyson says! Priceless!

The Bentley's said...

that was so sweet:) and LOVE tysons new fancy trick!! too too funny:)