Monday, April 19, 2010

Cancun Mexico!


Brandon and I were lucky enough to take a nice little vacation to Cancun last week. We went with his work, so it was paid for...even better!
We stayed at the Golden Parnassus. It was an all inclusive hotel right on the beach.
This is the view from the patio of the restaurant at the hotel.
There were 2 pools then you walked right down to the beach from there!
Ahhh Luxury!
We got there on Thursday afternoon, checked into our room, met with our travel agency, then played in the ocean. It was awesome! I don't think I have ever been to such white sandy beaches!
On Friday, Brandon and I signed up for a snorkeling excursion. We chose the "jungle tour."
We got to drive these little speed boats about 30 mins out, through the jungle and we stopped at a coral reef to snorkel.
Ready to snorkel!


Here is the "jungle" part of the ride. It lasted maybe 5 mins!
After snorkeling. Our guide took everyones picture that wanted one!
It was beautiful! There were a lot of fish and they would swim right next to you!
We followed the rules and didn't wear sunblock because it is bad for the coral reef, but it ended up being bad for us because we both got sunburned! Oh well!
On Saturday we had a group adventure with the company at Xplor.
It was a lot of fun. There were 12 zip lines...some that landed you in water and through waterfalls and some that took you to the next tower.I don't think the people who worked there (most were Mexicans) were used to people with blue eyes. I had about 5-6 people complement me on my eyes! One guy didn't say anything to me, but he radioed to the guy at the other end of the zip line to watch out for my eyes! It was pretty entertaining! One guy joked with Brandon that his zipper was undone! (everyone was in swim suits...no zippers) Ha ha Brandon! So then they asked me how to say shoelace in English so they could trick their next victim. They thought they were hilarious! Then we rafted and swam through stalactites caves, then drove off road vehicles through a "jungle" area and through more caves. It was a lot of fun. It was perfect timing for Brandon and I since we were sunburned we were mostly in caves so we didn't get any more burnt!
Brandon couldn't get enough of his helmet!
After Xplor. The group decided to eat some real food! (The restaurants at the hotel were not very good and that is putting it nice!) So we went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse! Can you say DELICIOUS! I am not a huge meat eater, but this place was amazing! And since the company was paying we got it all, appetizer, salad, steak, potatoes, and dessert! YUMMM!
On Sunday, we just had a relaxing day. We headed down to the flea market to pick up the kids souvenirs. I thought it was a lot of fun talking to the crazy guys trying to sell us everything! We found an authentic Mexican restaurant and had lunch. The tacos were so simple and delicious!
Then we came back to the hotel and hung out on the beach. We did a little boogie boarding everyday! I loved it! Except on day I went searching for a "bigger and better" wave and almost came in without my swimsuit and unconscious! I quickly learned my lesson and stayed in front of the big waves! We had dinner at the hotel and called it a night! ( I wish) A few hours later I ended up with food poisoning! I am pretty sure it was the Japanese restaurant we ate at the hotel. I was up all night long! I got really nervous that I wasn't going to be well enough to fly home, but by the morning I was feeling better! Achy but better! I was glad it happened on the last night! We left sunny 85 degree Mexico and flew into cold, rainy, 50 something degree Utah! That was a little depressing!
It was an awesome vacation! I want to go back soon!
We sure missed our little ones!
At home again with these two monkey's! We got Tyson a Mexico soccer shirt and Lily this cute little Mexican dress! Along with some seashells and pesos!
Thanks Nana, Papa and Zak for taking care of these two! I know you had some adventures of your own with them! You guys are the best!

6 comments:

nana said...

I've been waiting to hear about the trip! It looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So wonderful! Sounds like a better time then the last one!

Requel said...

Once again I'm so jealous!! It looks amazing!! I'm glad you guys had fun!

amyseely2003 said...

Wow!! I actually called you last week, no wonder you haven't returned my call! Sounds like SO much fun...except the food poison part :( That's no good! At least you were better to fly home and not puking on the plane! Glad you had fun and hope to get together soon!!!

LindseyFae* said...

Luckee!! Your pictures are beautiful.. And you guys did tons of fun stuff. When we went to Cancun my dad thought it'd be a good idea to take the most dangerous roads filled with criminals in a rental van. Next time I think I'll call you guys and you can tell me all the fun places you went.

Andi said...

I'd like to say B's helmet is awesome, but...

What a fun trip! I think I need an exotic trip too!

I just weighed Trey and he is 26 lbs. because I was curious after our conversation. So, I guess they are the same. She is so cute!