Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy 24th!

This year for the 24th we spent it with my family. It started off with my Mom, Sisters and I going to see Eclipse. I do have to admit, that I am not a Twilight Saga follower. I read the first book, just started the second book (awhile ago...yes I can put it down!) and have only seen the first movie. Tiff caught me up on what I missed in the second movie so I felt informed enough to see Eclipse. I thought it was really good! At the beginning of the movie, Ange filled me in on some good information that would have made some things confusing if she had not...a few minutes later I filled in Ange with the juicy tid-bit that Bella and Jacob were wearing American Eagle clothes! I felt it was imperative that she knew so she could enjoy the movie fully too!!!

After that, we met the kids and Brandon and Ryan at Mom's and we had a big sleepover! None of us slept, but it was fun! At 4:30am we were all up and getting ready to drop Me, Brandon and Ange off at the Deseret News 10K.
Brandon had a great race finishing in 41:49 averaging a 6:44min/mile.
This was Ange's first race since having knee surgery 8 months ago, so we ran together and she did phenomenal (especially since she had only run 6 miles once before the race!)
After the race we stuck around for the parade until it got way too hot!
Then we headed to my Moms and had a BBQ and let the kids swim!
It was a great 24th!

2 comments:

Requel said...

That sounds like you had a fun day! And way to go Brandon....super fast!

nana said...

I wondered what the mattresses were for. It was a great day and you got to enjoy a parade! And good goin' Mr. B.