Monday, March 7, 2011

She's a big girl now!

We started a week ago Saturday with the potty training process! I have to admit that potty training is my least favorite part of being a parent! I would almost be content changing diapers until they were 5! (Not really, but I dislike potty training that much!) I really shouldn't complain, my kids caught on really quick with really very minimal accidents!
Lily did a really good job! Of course the first couple of days there were a lot of accidents, but by day 3 and 4 there were only 1 accident each and since day 5 she has not had one accident! (knock on wood somewhere!)
She really loves wearing her big girl underpants! (I really dislike the word panties for some reason, but I have been calling them panties anyways. I guess it just sounds appropriate for little girls!!)
Don't you love her heals with her panties?! She loved wearing them with just panties on. Brandon wondered what kind of girl we were raising?! A darn cute one if you ask me! (Don't worry the flat iron is not on she is just pretending! She never touches it when it is hot!!)
Lily and her potty chart. She got to put a sticker on the chart every time she went #1 and she got a prize every time she went #2. She had 8 prizes and got them all in the first 5 days! She caught on pretty quick!! We also enjoyed a potty dance celebration after each successful potty time!!
Good job Lily! We are so proud of you!!

5 comments:

nana said...

I think a potty dance should be done by everyone who reads about Lily growing up!

Cori and Colin said...

Yay!! So glad she did so well!! I can't believe she's getting so big!

Requel said...

Such a big girl! Congrats on being diaper free for another couple of months!!

Andrea said...

Congrats! I'm a little jealous I keep reading all these blogs of friends that have their kids who are younger than Ellyit all potty trained! Ellyit has NO desire, being in a dirty diaper doesn't bother her at all!

Andi said...

Can't stand the word "panties" too! Not allowed at our house. I just showed Trey trying to get him interested. Maybe when we come Lily will have to show him her undies!