Wednesday, August 14, 2013

2nd Annual Bear Lake Trip!

 So we did our 2nd annual trip to Bear Lake (north shore!)
When we got to the Montpelier KOA it started raining, so we hunkered down and played games while the storm passed!
 Tyson being a classic 7 yr old....
 Macy used Tyson as a pillow while watching a movie!
 Lily loved the just her size broom!
 When I saw this old fashioned phone booth, we had to take a picture...I barely remember them! :)
 The nature walk trail bridge at the KOA!
 Me and my girlies!
 If I want to be in a picture I have to take it myself!
 We sure rough it when we camp!!
 Our sweet set up!

 We went swinging....

 played Bocce...
(Tyson was really good at it!!)
 ate smores...
 and of course went to the lake for 2 days!
We love the north lake!
 Macy was a bit of a Diva! ;)
She did whatever she wanted!

 I had to change her swim diaper and she refused to put her swim suit on again, and when I turned around I found her like this in the lake!


 Water fight with Dad!
 This first day got a little cold when the clouds would cover the sun, but it was still a lot of fun!
We rented a jet ski and the kids loved it!
 We tuckered out the girls each day!
That night we went to the local movie theatre where they were showing Despicable Me 2!
It was an old dumpy theater and was packed! I guess going on family night to the only theater when it is showing a kids movie should have been a clue! ;)
 The second day at the lake was a lot warmer and we tried renting a standing paddle board!
 The standing paddle board was a ton of fun!!

 Clear water and rippled sand!
 Brandon and Tyson used the paddle board first. They fell A LOT! :)
Brandon said Tyson was so nervous that anytime they would get off balance Tyson would panic and they would tip over!
I went out after them and never fell into the water ;) even with Lily or Tyson on it with me!!
 Before we had to take it back the kids tried it out!
Here is surfer Tyson!
 He also paddled a little bit!

 Surfer Lily!

 So much fun!
 Macy enjoyed a lot of chocolate! (so did I!!)
 Me and the old man!
Our sweet set up with all our beach toys and floaties!
That night for dinner we went to the only real restaurant in town. It was a Mexican place and the KOA owner recommended it to us! It was quite yummy!
The 4th day we packed up, grabbed some t-shirts for the kids, got the legendary Bear Lake Raspberry Shake and headed home!
Another successful Bear Lake trip! :)

1 comment:

nana said...

With the lake being soo-oo cold as B said. . .you all still had a great time!