Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our long weekend at the Cabin!

This past weekend Brandon took Friday and Monday off so week could have a mini vacation at the cabin! It was such a nice getaway! We left home Thursday night so we could enjoy all day Friday. We got up Friday and went running (I did a run walk, being at altitude and getting so big!:) Then we took the boat and headed for Strawberry Reservoir for the day. Tyson loved it! He was so good and kept his life jacket on the whole time. Not long after we got on the lake, Tyson thought it was fun to throw his gold fish crackers into the lake to watch them swim! Soon after that while Brandon and I were manning the big fishing rods, Tyson using his Scooby Doo fishing rod dropped it into the lake. All of the sudden I see a little green speck sinking to the bottom and Tyson is yelling "Dad, Catch it" That was the end of our Scooby Doo fishing rod!

We did end up catching this fish shortly after we got on the lake! It was the biggest fish I have ever caught. I reeled it in, but Brandon reminded me it was a joint effort!:)

This fish was our second fish, and he wasn't quite as big, but he had a big adventure. Because I wanted the photo opp this fish accidentally got dropped 3 times (he was a wiggly one) and I was holding him so tight for the picture that he pooped on my hand, which is Tyson's favorite thing to tell people about fishing on the boat! Pictures are sure a great reminder of how big I get when I am preggo! I didn't think my face was getting so chubby! It was a great day on the lake!

The next day we headed up to the Unita's to do some more fishing. We first had to stop at the Kamas hardware store and pick up a new fishing rod for Tyson :) Then we stopped at Moosehorn (since there wasn't much hiking involved) and did some fishing there. The fish were jumping and we had some bites, but we didn't catch anything!


Sunday we used as a relaxing day! We went on a walk and a four-wheel ride and stopped and fed the horses!






These pictures are a little out of order, because before the four-wheel ride and walk, we got a call from Brandon's Mom and Dad letting us know that they were almost to the Cabin because Brandon's dog Jimmy had passed away and they were going to burry him at the Cabin. Brandon got Jimmy 12 years ago. A year before he left on his mission. Jimmy was such a good dog! After Brandon left on his mission (of course Stan and Marilyn took care of Jimmy) but Colin took over in watching Jimmy, once Colin left on his mission, Zak took over, so Jimmy was the family dog, but anytime he was naughty, Marilyn would call him Brandon's dog! Tyson loved Jimmy! His favorite thing to do was take him for walks and feed him anything!



This is Jimmy's gravesite! It was cute when I took this picture Tyson was with me and he said, "Jimmy was so brave, I loved him."


Here is our little family picture before we left the Cabin and headed to Park City to do a little shopping. Tyson didn't want to leave the Cabin, so we made him all excited to go to Park City. By the time we left he was saying, "I love Park City" It was a great long weekend!

4 comments:

Emily said...

So Fun! Your belly is so cute. I love the things Tyson says! So sad about Jimmy! :( I am glad you guys had a great get-away.

nana said...

I haven't blogged about Jimmy-dog yet. Seeing his picture made me sad...then I remembered how many times I cleaned up behind him, and that technically, he was Brandon's dog! I still miss the 3 square feet we both lived in.
Tyson looks so grown up in the pictures. I can't believe how fast he is changing!!!

Andi said...

Poor Jimmy! We haven't told Paige yet... I'm thinking the week before we come up for Thanksgiving, so we don't have to field questions for 3 months.

Glad you had a good time at the cabin. I loved that Tyson threw his fishing pole into the water!

Lisa R said...

Hey Shay,

Looks like you had a great time at the cabin! It looks beautiful there!
So sorry about Jimmy. That is sad.