Friday, September 12, 2008

Our last little vacation before two kids......!


So, Brandon is starting a new job next week and things just happened to work out perfect that we had a week to take a vacation after quiting his last job and before he started his new job! We decided since I only have 6 weeks to go before the baby comes, we better stay close. We chose to go to St. George to visit Zions and the Grand Canyon!
We got to St. George on Monday night and all Tyson wanted to do was to go swimming. It was so nice since everyone has started school we were there during the "off" season. No one was there! We stayed at a Marriott that was just built, so our rooms were so nice and the pool was great! It was perfect for Tyson!
The next day we went to Zions. Because the shape I am in we went on all of the little hikes. We saw weeping rock and Tyson kept asking it why it was so sad (with Dad's prompting) it was cute! We saw lots of lizards and Tyson loved them! His most favorite thing to do was to trade hats with Dad. He thought he was the funniest kid ever!

Funny story about Zions... we had to eat lunch at the Lodge because we had left our food in the car. Well Tyson is a crazy kid and so he wants to run around and be loud. Being the "off" season there were a lot of older people there and they didn't find Tyson amusing, so Brandon took him out of the restaurant and of course he started to scream and cry, well it was my turn next in line while Brandon was taking him out and the girl at the cash register was just staring at me and another employee was doing something with the cash register, so I thought she wasn't ready to take my order and we needed to wait until the other guy was done with the cash register. She continued to stare at me, no "can I take your order" or " what can I get for you" just a stare. So I finally asked if she was ready for me. She took my order and I handed her Brandon's credit card that has his picture on the back. She asked for ID and I told her it was my husbands and he was just standing with me two seconds ago and took the crying kid out. She continued, "I need ID with that" by now I was fed up, there was a line behind me, Brandon was just barely with me, Tyson was screaming and we were getting dirty looks, she could tell I was frustrated so she just put it through. I wait in the line for the 95 year old grandpa to hand us our food. The computer tells him what food to hand out and in what order. Well, he would just grab anything and ask, "anyone have such and such" no one would respond (because they were 5 people down the line) finally Brandon came back in and noticed I was still in line and he piped up and told the guy we had two hot dogs, so the nice guy grabs our two hot dogs and puts them on the counter closest to him and as far away from us as possible! It was craziness!!!!


We had a great time at Zions!





The next day we headed to the Grand Canyon North Rim. Neither of us had ever been there. It was pretty amazing! I don't know if any of you with kids have watched Vegi Tales, but there is a movie called Moe and the Big Exit where Moe and his descendants build the Grand Canyon. It is one of Tyson's favorite movies, so he kept asking where Moe was!
The funny story about going to the Grand Canyon was that Tyson made some friends with some Bikers. We made a pit stop at a gas station/cafe and when I came out of the restrooms Brandon handed me a diaper and wipes and Tyson cheered (in his loud Tyson voice) "I went poop Mom, Yahoooo" and two Bikers cheered for him. They told me they had little kids and could relate! It was hilarious!



The last day we checked out and Tyson returned the keys to the front desk girl. He got so excited to help that he ran right into the side of the glass door that was shut! Brandon took a picture of the red bump, but the picture didn't do it justice! We did some shopping and headed home! Tyson kept telling us he didn't want to go home, he wanted to stay in our room (the hotel). He loves being on vacation! So do I!

6 comments:

Andi said...

New job?

Your preggo belly is adorable!

All I can say about your experience at the food counter... welcome to Arizona!

Cori and Colin said...

That sounds like so much fun!!!! That did work out perfectly with Brandon's job, hope his first week goes well!!! We can't wait for the TWO kids!!

deleted said...

I love the new pic! You are so cute pregnant!

Emily said...

I have been waiting for a post on your trip. It sounds like it was everything it should have been! I love that the Bikers cheered Tyson on! So crazy that is your last Vacation as a one child family. Pretty soon you won't even remember what it was like only having one! Love you guys! Em

Lisa R said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation before baby #2 comes! I wasn't that far off from you passed through Moab on the way to Colorado and thought of you because of the race we ran there when I was preggo w/ Aricin!
Hope Brandon's new job is good! What is he doing now?

nana said...

I love the family pictures. Lily will get a kick out of them one day. What a cute family!