Monday, March 2, 2009

Ahhh the 80's...

Not the decade...although it was a rather trend setting decade and those trends seem to be making there way back with a vengeance...but, back to my sigh...I mean 80 degrees! Brandon and I have decided that we need to go somewhere warm during February so we can make it through the winter blahs! This is our second year traveling somewhere warm, and we love it! This year we visited Brandon's sister in Arizona (Thanks Andi, Tate and Paige!) With two little ones, we decided to make the 14hour trek in two days. We left on a Tuesday night after Brandon got home from work and stayed in St. George. Tyson is so cute, he knows that his Grandpa Rick lives in St. George, so while we were driving he asked me...
Tyson: Mom, what George does Grandpa Rick live in?
Me: St. George.
Tyson: Does the Yellow Man (aka the man in the yellow hat from Curious George) live there too?
It was a rather exciting drive with Tyson, we apparently saw green aliens on the mountains and when we got to the hotel, Tyson became Spider Man, Lily and I were both Captain America and Brandon was The Thing. (The funny thing is that Tyson only knows these "super heroes" because he has Spider Man underpants and these characters are on some of the underpants :))
Then we drove the rest of the way Wednesday! The kids did great! (for being 3 and 4 months) We were driving a way we had never driven before, but knew it would still get us there, and Brandon decided we didn't need to map anything out, so we just followed the big signs to get us there. (I think we could have taken two short cuts had we mapped it out ;)
It was so nice! While we were there it hit the low 80's! We were in heaven!
Brandon and Tate got to go golfing, Andi and I got to go see a movie, we all went to the Zoo and the park, and Andi and Tate introduced us to a rather tasty restaurant called Sauce. It had amazing salads and pizzas! Yummy! Tyson and Paige played to their hearts content, I took a couple naps and Brandon ran and ran and ran! We wore shorts and t-shirts (did I mention it got into the 80's) It was a great trip!
Tyson, Lily and Paige ready for Church.








Tyson and Paige at the zoo and standing like flamingos.







Enjoying the nice weather at the park! Tyson and Paige found army guys buried in the sand. They also played chase with Tate and Tyson all of a sudden developed a freezing super power to freeze Tate so he could get away. He would put his hands up and pretty much spit as he would apply the freezing power to the bad guys! So much fun!

6 comments:

nana said...

I think February trips are great when heading south. . .The pics are really cute. Lily looks so grown up!

adrianne s. said...

Tyson is hilarious!! He reminds me a little of my Gracie. I think it would be funny to see them play together and I wonder what they would come up with... 80 degrees sounds heavenly!!

Emily said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love Lily in the last pic. What a sweet smile! They are both getting so big!

The Dunnes said...

I love all the make believe! Ciara can get into a little world of her own and it's so funny! Cute kiddies! And I have to say- 80's RULE! I'm so jealous!

Andi said...

So glad you came! I'm beginning to wonder why I decided to head your way this week? Snow? What was I thinking?

Lisa R said...

Well you know it goes without saying that you are always welcome here too! It was 84 this last week! But then it isn't consistent this time of year, now it's raining and 35, blah!

I can't believe how big Tyson is getting!