Monday, March 23, 2009

Moab and B's first Half Marathon!!!

We headed to Moab this past weekend to run the Canyonlands half-marathon and 5 mile run. Moab is one of my most favorite races ever! Brandon ran the half-marathon (his first) and he did it in 1:34:48! Wahooo! Way to go B! I ran the 5 mile and finished in 40:06. 5months after having a baby, I think that's not too shabby! I want to give a shout out to Mom and Frank for coming with us to watch our kids while we ran! You guys are awesome! Thanks a ton! It was two firsts for Frank... his first time to Moab and his first time holding a baby! While holding Lily he got her to sleep!

After the race we got lunch and headed to Arches to hike Delicate! (Since high school it has always been a tradition to hike Delicate after the race!) Brandon put Tyson in a backpack and I put Lily in the Bjorn and off we went! Before we started hiking I got my good camera, put the fully charged battery in and was planning some awesome pics while hiking. After taking the first picture I realized I forgot to put the CF card in, so no awesome pics of Delicate! (I also didn't think ahead and have the small camera handy for the race, so no race pics either!) We taught Tyson about the pile of rocks that they leave on the trail so we know where the trail leads, so every time we passed a pile of rocks (which is quite often on Delicate) Tyson would say "thanks rocks"! The best part was B and Tyson were both wearing their U hats and anytime Tyson would see someone else with a U hat or shirt he would tell us "look a go Utes (hat or shirt)!" So we would tell him to yell "Go Utes" when he saw them! Ute fans loved it! We also saw a lot of BYU apparel so we taught Tyson to yell "Go Utes" to them too!




Then we headed to Sand Dune Arch. Tyson was in heaven!
He ran and jumped and swam in the sand! He played so hard his legs started to ache! Once we were done there Tyson started doing the potty dance, so he got to pee behind a tree for the first time! He wasn't sure what to think, but by the time we made it home he was asking when he could pee outside again!






We were pretty pooped after that so we drove around for the rest of the sights and then met Mom and Frank for dinner. At dinner Tyson was pretty exhausted and Frank was amazed to see Tyson so still! (it didn't last long before Tyson got his second wind!)






Lily loved being outside and being a part of everything! We started calling her Chewy (from Starwars) because she does this deep grunting/talking noise when she is hanging out. It is so funny to hear!

















Lily got tired of waiting for us so she just took a little snooze! This doesn't happen all that often!
It was such a fun weekend! Thanks again Mom and Frank for joining us!


9 comments:

Emily said...

That sounds so awesome! Good job guys! Our kids would love to go there. We should plan a trip when we get back. So many fun memories!
Lily is getting so big! She is gorgeous! Go Utes!

Cori and Colin said...

Good job on your run guys!!! I love how Shay's 5 mile time is almost the same as my 3 mile time and she's had two kids!!! I'm glad you guys had fun and Lily looks so adorable!

LindseyFae* said...

How cute! Tell Brandon congrats! That's awesome. I wish we could have run it, I love Moab.. next time we'll try and run it!

Andrea said...

Sounds like fun! And at pics I was wearing my 5 year upgrade, I still have my original that I wear on my right hand. Anyway, hope to see you in a few weeks for dinner and possibly a movie!

Megan Adamson said...

WOW!! Way to go.. That is some fast running. I wish I was a fast runner. I am so slow. I wish I ran it with you. We will have to do it next year.

Requel said...

That looks like a ton of fun. I'm glad I get to check out your blog now. Mine is ericandrequel.blogspot.com

Lisa R said...

Hey awesome times for both you and Brandon! I mean WOW! But you two have always been fast! I can't believe that it has been 5 years since I ran the 5 mile there with you. I was 3 months pregnant with Aricin. Wow time flies. Looks like you guys had a great time, and yeah you are rocking on that time 5 months post Lily!
Wish we were there so I could run it with you! Maybe someday huh?

Andi said...

Congrats on the run! Love that the rocks were thanked. I'm sure they appreciated it. ;)

nana said...

YAHOOOOOOO!!!