Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Night of the Running Dead!


So on October 9th, Brandon, my sister Ange and I ran a Halloween 5K at This is the Place Heritage Park.
It was a really fun idea. There were Zombies and Survivors. (Brandon was a survivor, and Ange and I were Zombies! Brandon didn't want to dress up and I felt that torn clothes were good enough, but Ange went all out with the works!)
People were CRAZY!
There was a costume contest and Halloween themed Dancers. Although they didn't time things well and had the dancers do 3 or 4 dances in front of the start line so only a few could see it, Brandon being one at the front and felt it was pretty awkward!
It was all fun and games until the race started!
They started the survivors 2 minutes before the zombies so the zombies could chase the survivors!
This was the hardest race I have ran since High School. People were walking the first few hundred feet after the start! Because it started on an uphill. (Not us though of course!!)
It was two laps and they ran you up a mountain!
It was a hard/fun time!
Thanks to my Mom for watching our two Zombies!
(My Mom took more pictures! I will have to post them later!)

1 comment:

nana said...

I either forgot or didn't know about the race. CONGRATS on running and best of all, having such a fun time!!!