Monday, January 26, 2009

8 Years!!!

8 Years ago today we got married! It was a perfect day. There was fresh snow on the ground, but the skies were clear and blue. It was a beautiful day! Don't we look so young in these pictures...oh... we were young! I really can't believe it has been 8 years. Some days it seems longer, but most of the time it feels like it has flown by!
We have done a lot in these 8 years...3 college degrees (one for me, two for Brandon)...had 2 beautiful kids...bought a home...Brandon has had who knows how many jobs...I can stay home with our kids...and most important, we went to The Price is Right! ;)
It has been a great road and I am sure it is only going to get better!
We celebrated our anniversary on Saturday. (Thanks Nana, Papa, Zak, Colin and Cori for watching our kids! It takes an army ;)
I have to give a shout out to the Shane Company what a great jewelry store. There warranties, prices, customer service I feel are unbeatable! The reason for the shout out is we went to Shane Co. and got me a new ring. I have been really hard on my ring (already replaced the crown around the center diamond because the prongs kept moving, and lost a side diamond because I broke a prong) We went with the intent of finding a new setting and putting my diamond in it, but the ultimate result is a new ring and either fix the old ring and give it to Lily one day, or take the diamonds from the old ring and make a pendant and give it to Lily one day. I am still deciding! I was pretty set that I didn't need a new diamond, but Brandon was pretty adamant that he wanted us to upgrade. ( I think he feels bad that when we were getting engaged he told me that if I wanted side diamonds my center diamond was going to be small!;) I loved my first ring, and the center diamond was perfect! I am very excited for my new ring though. It is just a simple band, no side diamonds, and a beautiful center diamond! I get it on Friday!
Then we saw the movie Marley and Me we were laughing hysterically! At the beginning of the movie it made me want to get a dog, very shortly after it
made me never want to have a dog, especially with babies at home! It was a very cute movie. I highly recommend it! Then we finished off the night at Pei Wei for dinner. It was a fun day!
I love you Brandon! Happy 8 years!!
(Tyson took this picture of us! Isn't he such a good photographer!)

5 comments:

nana said...

What a fun blog! I hope your life is what you hoped it would be 8 years ago? I am sure Brandon knows his life is all that he ever hoped for.

I hope Lily did well Saturday night. It takes a nana to over-feed her!

Cori and Colin said...

Yay for you guys!! You totally deserve a new ring!! That's so exciting! We'll watch Tyson and Lily anytime!

deleted said...

Congrats guys! Yours was the first of a few of us within a few months!I'm excited to see your new ring on Saturday, we're on for pictures still right?

Anonymous said...

Happy 8 Years!!! I can't wait to see your ring! Congrats!

Lisa R said...

Happy 8 years Shay! That is great! I still love your wedding pic! It is amazing how fast it really does seem to go huh?
I have to second the Shane Company. Niels just bought me a plain band from there for our anniversary so I can wear it to the barn.
My original wedding set was from there and after 7 years I decided to swap it out. I did the same thing, ended up getting a totally new ring even though I had intended on keeping my diamond. I liked my old set, but I LOVE my new one! I still send my rings in to be cleaned/inspected etc because we don't have one near here. I just love them. Friendly, very knowledgable, and fast service!