Thursday, January 29, 2009

OUCH!



Brandon is in a weight loss competition at work that started just before Christmas. (He is doing excellent by the way, he has lost 18lbs and 1 pant size! WAY TO GO B!) We have been trying to eat smaller and healthier portions and we have been working out! We started the P90X program (thanks Ange and Cam!) and man is it awesome! There are some downfalls though...two days ago I did the legs and back workout (which I have done before...) and I must have worked really hard this time because I am still sore! Today is a little bit better, but yesterday was killer (doing Kenpo yesterday probably didn't help!) The worst was when I had to go to the bathroom, the toilet is just low enough that it would kill me to sit down and get back up! The stairs haven't been my friend either, especially when I am following Tyson, because he thinks it is fun to do crazy things and go slow up the stairs! Crazy Tyson!
The upside to it all is "No Pain, No Gain" I am going to have one hot body when we are all done!!! YAHOOOO!!!

6 comments:

Megan Adamson said...

Way to go!!! I always say no pain no gain. Good luck in the competition Brandon.

Lynette said...

You already are a hottie Shay!!! :) Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 8 years. Time flies! Congrats on your new ring. I know what you mean about being hard on them. Your little ones are so sweet. You have such good looking kids.

nana said...

Be careful exercising when you have your new ring on. It is so heavy it could cause some real aches and pains. I love your ring and how much fun it has been for you and Brandon! Keep up all the good work you two!!!!

Emily said...

Good job guys!

Andi said...

I'm glad someone in our family will have a killer hot body!

I did the interval training workout of that series at a friend's. I don't remember what it was called... just 60 minutes of intervals with lots of sports moves. It was a good workout.

Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to see the new ring.

Lisa R said...

Congrats to Brandon in his competition, that is great!
And you, you've always had an athletic body type! What is Kenpo anyway? I haven't heard of that.
Are you still running too? I just started again.