Friday, November 6, 2009

Lily's 1st Birthday Party

For Lily's first birthday I decided to do a cupcake theme because of these little babies! Cupcakes on a stick...who could ask for anything better! Brandon's cousin found a blog called bakerella.blogspot and she made these for a bridal shower we went to and they are delicious! (Thanks Lindsey!) So I wanted to make them for Lily's birthday!
Like a lot of Mom's blogs that I have read (Kallie, Lynette) we spend a ridiculous amount of time for our kids birthday cakes! These mini cupcakes and the big cupcake took me about 5 hours to finish! What are we mom's thinking!?!

I borrowed this cake mold from my friend down the street! (Thanks Requel!) It worked out awesome for the cupcake theme! Again what is better than mini cupcakes on a stick and one giant cupcake! YUMMMY!

All the cakes! I bought Lily's cake from a bakery! I was done after the other two!

The day of the party happened to be my birthday, and my Grandma Sadler made me this cute apron so when I tried it on my Father-in-Law told me I needed to pose with my giant cupcake! Julia Childs here I come!

Lily wasn't so sure about opening her presents.

At least she smiled cute while I started opening it!

But don't worry...she had a lot of help from her cousins and brother! Many times we had to tell the "big" kids to sit on the couch...Lily was being bombarded!

What a sweet look at Dad!

Checking out what's inside!

Her own purse! Thanks Grandma Wendy!

What little girl doesn't love to push her babies in a stroller! Thanks Great Grandma Spencer!

Tyson wanted to show everyone that Lily can walk to him! What a great big brother!

The cake!
(She has a look of disgust on her face!)

Trying it!

Loving it!

Kisses from Grandma Wendy!

Goodbyes from Great Grandma Spencer!
Thanks for loving our Lily Bug! You are all the best!
(Thanks Ange for taking/sending me pictures...you are awesome!)

Happy Birthday sweet baby! You are so much fun! I can't believe how fast time has gone and I only know it is going to keep going that fast!
We love you to pieces!
Lily's one year stats:
Weight: 22lbs 75%
Height: 29.5in 50%
Head: 48cm 100+% (I always have to add this one because my kids get their head size from their Dad! Off the charts!)

5 comments:

nana said...

So much cute head to love. . .I love all the pictures!!!!!!

Andi said...

Boo on the Ute costumes. :)

Look at you, little Martha here we come!

Lily's tight 'almost' make me wish we could live in a colder place so I could buy cute tights for Paige.

McKay and Kallie said...

Mini cupcakes on a stick! Those are way cute - but seriously we need to learn for next year ;)

Megan Adamson said...

Lily looks so cute. Those cup cakes are amazing!

Requel said...

Everything turned out so cute!! Good job. I love the mini cupcakes. Looks like she was treated right for her Big day!