Saturday, November 21, 2009

Our first Friend Birthday Party!

This year we decided to brave our first friend birthday party!
We did a superhero theme! I had an Ironman cake, pin the web on Spiderman, Superhero bingo, Superhero cakewalk, and Frozone freeze dance. It was a lot of fun!
All the kids had to become Superhero's by lifting a heavy weight to prove their strength, crawl through a tunnel to prove their agility, and knock down a tower just because that is what superhero's do to save someone!
Each kid got a cape with their initial on it! (Thanks to my Mom in law for sewing all of these for me! You are the best!!!!!!)

Playing pin the web on Spiderman. Brandon had them all do the Spiderman web slinging!

They all colored their web to play the game!

This picture didn't turn, but these are my homemade cake walk pictures! I am not artistic, so I was really proud of myself. Can you tell who each symbol represents???

The party animals!

One friend was missing in the other picture...so here are all the kids patiently waiting for the Phineas and Ferb soundtrack!

Doing the Freeze dance!

This was our youngest friend Bella. She will be two in a month. She loved showing how strong she is! Too cute!

Opening presents. (Can you see Bella in the background still lifting the weight!?)

Superheros helping with presents!

At the end the "Villain" stole the cake so the Superhero's had to save the day by capturing the Villain and tickling him until he talked so they could save the party and the cake!

Brandon showing how strong he is while the kids were enjoying their pizza and cake!

Tyson thinks it is pretty funny to blow out the candles before we are done singing!

Can't forget cute Lily! She slept for half of the party!

She is a little climber! I turned around and she had climbed from a stool onto the chair!

What a great Superhero party!
Thanks for coming Chesney, Jaycie, Livvie, Elsie, Kyle, Kade and Bella!
Happy 4 years Tyson!

6 comments:

Andi said...

I think I like that Bella (I laughed out loud at her in the background).

What a great party!

Your pics are cute too! I have pictures of Trey in the same chair, and loved the way they turned out.

Requel said...

Haha!! That's my girl!! She's so funny! Looks like you guys had a great turn out and I hope Tyson got some fun toys! You guys are way brave to have all those 3 and 4 year olds oh and Bella. Thanks for inviting her she had so much fun. The rest of the day she would just start singing "happy birthday to you, Tyson". So funny. Happy Birthday Tyson!!

nana said...

Well, it all worked out well!!! Save the weight so I can see if I can lift it! I bet Tyson will remember his party the rest of his life. . .

Anonymous said...

Looks like you put on one heck of a celebration! You are great!

Emily said...

What a blast! So sad we missed it. Tyson is so lucky to have the coolest parents ever. What fun ideas. Love the new look of the blog and your front room looks so cute!

amyseely2003 said...

Are you sure that was your first friend party...you're a pro! Kade had so much fun and he loved looking at the pics!