Thursday, July 5, 2012

FIRE!!!!

 So, here is the Herriman fire view from our front door, that turned out to be about a mile west of us. Brandon called me that day and asked how far the fire was from us and I said, "what fire?" until I walked out and saw this! It needed to crest one more hill until it got to our hill. Luckily the firefighters were amazing and the winds were cooperating! We were one block away from being evacuated, but I still packed and was prepared!
It was pretty crazy since my sister WAS evacuated from the Saratoga fire the week before!
This picture doesn't do it justice, but this is a view of the Alpine fire from our back deck the other night! All the glowing up high on the hill was the fire.
It was pretty crazing sitting out on our back deck on the 4th watching fireworks go off and seeing the fire up on the mountain! I sure hope everyone was careful and that Utah is done with all these man made accidental fires!!!

1 comment:

Requel said...

So many fires it's crazy! We need to get together soon. It's been way too long. Magic Mike here we come!